Friday, August 17, 2007

Weekend at last!

Well this week has been a long one for me....but I suppose that is good because I think from here on out we will have lots of weeks that just zoom by. Sophia starts preschool on Thursday! Can't believe it.... She will go 5 days a week for 2.5 hrs. Such a big girl!

We finished out pool season with a bang yesterday. I was apparently nominated to be "that mom" with "those kids" as Sasha threw the best (i.e., WORST) temper tantrum of her life...and while doing so, poor Sophia was stung by a bee! Luckily, some friends were there to help me out. Sasha eventually calmed down, and Sophia only had a few tears....and then she was off bragging about her war wound from the bee.

I was able to take some cute pictures today of the girls while we walked to the mailbox. They both had their strollers and babies. Until today, the girls shared a stroller between the two of them. We'd probably have about 5 fights a day over it...so hopefully now that we have two (Thanks, Aunt Mary), we'll limit the pushing and shoving a bit...but I'm sure they'll just find something else to not share.

FINALLY -- tonight Michael and Sophia are camping out in the backyard! Sophia could not have been more excited. She would not stop talking... "MOM, look at my pajamas. Do you have pajamas like this? They're pretty aren't they? I'm going to sleep in the backyard, Mom. With Daddy. Hey Mom, did you know I get to sleep in the backyard tonight? With Dad? I'm going to be three in 2 days. Do you like my jammies, Mom? Hey mom, why do we brush our teeth? I'm going to sleep in the backyard!!! IN A TENT!!!!! YAY!!! Can I have some ice cream?"


On that note. I'm off to enjoy a big king bed....all to myself tonight...hopefully. :-)

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw...i didn't know they camped! also, you did a very good job on the dialogue - i could hear sophia saying it! haha
edie